Christmas Bells

Christmas Bells
Christmas Bells - Blandfordia nobilis

Saturday, November 26, 2005

And what's this about Peonies?

I moved to Robertson 3 years ago, to grow Peonies, in the rich red basalt soils here, and with the abundant local rainfall.
Peonies (plants of the genus Paeonia) are best known from the old fashioned big "pom-pom" flowers which our Grandmothers once grew. Those plants are herbaceous Peonies. That is they die down, in autumn, and emerge after winter, grow quickly, and flower in October and November, then rest until next year.

Since September this year, Anni Heino, a good friend of mine, from Robertson has assisted me by publishing a
Peony Page as an adjunct to her own Blog. The best of the photos which Anni and I have take this season appear on that Peony Page, along with some commentary which I have written. I wish to record my deep appreciation to Anni for having launched me into that project.

1 comment:

Denis Wilson said...

Hi Anni
So you wondered where I disappeared to, today?
You did well to find me - I haven't told anyone yet! Still practicing on all this strange technical stuff, computers eating "save drafts", and battling with placement of photos. I'll get there, eventually.