Christmas Bells

Christmas Bells
Christmas Bells - Blandfordia nobilis

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Ghostly "Ghost Fungus" - lives up to its name

Roy Freere has advised me that a piece of Ghost Fungus we collected on a recent vist we made to a private property at Canyonleigh did the right thing, and "luminesced" nicely, after dark, on the first night, and then again on the second night.

Here is a photo of the same species of Ghost Fungus, which I photographed on the walk over Bells Hill.

It is so satisfying when something as "bland looking" as that particular fungus does turn out to have a hidden secret, just like the books say it does.

I have refrained from "massacreing" any innocent fish, down here on the South Coast (myself), although I confess that the fresh fish from the Bermagui Fisherman's Co-op is of top quality. I can personally recommend the Flathead!

No comments: