Christmas Bells

Christmas Bells
Christmas Bells - Blandfordia nobilis

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

27 March - My late Mother's birthday

I set out to write something else entirely, but writing that date reminds me that it is the birthday of my late mother, Nonie Wilson, who died, just over a year ago (19 March 2006), just short of her 90th birthday.

There was no sadness that she did not make it to that milestone - she was not really "with us" any more, and such arbitrary events become meaningless, when there is little awareness - just pain.





I miss the woman she was.

Not the poor, suffering creature she became, at the end. She served her God, and her husband and family to the best of her ability.

Requiescat in Pace.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

A beautiful year's mind, Denis.

Zoe said...

rest in peace Grandma...
I love you, and miss you always.
xzoe