Christmas Bells

Christmas Bells
Christmas Bells - Blandfordia nobilis

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Sunset glows

A few evenings ago, the wind dropped, just around Sunset, leaving a perfectly clear sky.

There is nothing like the clarity of vision one gets after rain. Dust particles, and gases emitted by the Eucalypt forest, have all been washed out of the air - leaving it prism-clear.

Even at Sunset, the far distant ranges, south of the Shoalhaven Valley, form the far-distant southern horizon. This is the view from my back deck - a clear view of some 60 Kms distance. (On other days, the same view is reduced to 60 metres - on other days it looks like this)

Forgive the Power Pole. I have planted a young Hoop Pine directly in line with the stanchion, but it might take 30 years till it blocks that part of the view. I live here, and I totally ignore the electrical services, but whenever I publish a photo, I realise quite how visible it is. I could "Photoshop" it out, but that would be creating a false impression.

I love my view, no matter what.

















Here is another clear, bright vision. One of my neighbours has this small Japanese Maple (Acer palmatum) which gives such a lovely autumn colour. This photo was taken on 10 June - just about a month ago.

















Just part of the Nature of Robertson - occasional clear skies, and bright colours. Makes a change from grey skies, rain and wind. We do have bright moments too.

No comments: