Christmas Bells

Christmas Bells
Christmas Bells - Blandfordia nobilis

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Hazy afternoon a prelude to good sunset

Late yesterday afternoon there was a very thick haze hanging over the Kangaroo Valley. From my back deck it looked as if the world just came to an end - somewhere out past Belmore Falls. Kangaroo Valley seems to have disappeared.For a contrasting view, click on this link to see the distant view from my back yard, (on an ultra-clear day).

After the haze had settled (as the temperature dropped) I settled in to watch for a sunset.
I was not disappointed. This is the sun setting behind the large Blackwood - similar to my New Year's Eve sunset photos.
Moving to the other end of the deck, I was able to catch the sun setting between a sassafras tree (on the right), and a Blackwood (on the left). There was enough light left in the sky to capture the framing of the sun by some vine tendrils.
A few seconds later, by zooming the lens out, I was able to capture the warm evening glow, just as the sun dropped behind the horizon. And then this last shot - with just the last glow of pink in the sky. The trees in the foreground are a Blackwood (rounded profile - on the left) and a Sassafras - the upright tree - on the right.

No comments: