Christmas Bells

Christmas Bells
Christmas Bells - Blandfordia nobilis

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Sometimes I feel like Christopher Columbus

We all know the story that Columbus had to persuade his crew that they were not about to fall off the edge of the world. It might be a myth, but that doesn't matter, for my purposes, tonight.
My yard, and down to Belmore Falls.
Beyond that - "There be Dragons"
 This is the view I have had for nearly three days, gazing out over the Kangaroo Valley, towards the southern end of the mighty Shoalhaven Valley.

It looks for all intents and purposes as if the world stops beyond Belmore Falls, the edge of the escarpment below Robertson. 

A closer view - showing "the edge of the world"
I know that Kangaroo Valley and the
 Shoalhaven Valley (all the way to Sassafras)
  is there - but can I see it?
Nope.
There is just a wall of cloud and nothing beyond.
Hence my Christopher Columbus fantasy.


No comments: