Christmas Bells

Christmas Bells
Christmas Bells - Blandfordia nobilis

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Springing into Robertson

Spring has arrived in my garden and along the local roadsides. 

Sassafras flowers are sweetly scenting the air.
Doryphora sassafras has just started to flower
in the rainforest patches around Robertson.


Every few years the local Sassafras trees
flower prolifically.
Seems that this is one of those years.

Camellia "Bryan" (a Williamsii hybrid)

One of the Sasanqua types
I seem to have misplaced my files on the Camellias I bought.
Hopefully one day I will find my records.

Another Camellia for which I have no name (any more)
It is a very strong growing shrub
with lovely flowers.

Here is a close-up of the flower.

I love the irregular shape of the flowers
of this Camellia

Here is another flower of the same Camellia

"Blue Bush"
Acacia covenyi

"Blue Bush" is just starting to flower.
Acacia covenyi.I will need to get this plant
seriously reduced in height after flowering.


No comments: